If this is your first time thinking of investing in a property, you need to apprehend the basics of property investment. Whether you buy a property to invest, live, or obtain citizenship, it might be intimidating to not knowing where to start. Searching certain steps and having an idea of the process of property investing so that the process goes smooth and productive. To have a general idea of the property investment process here’s some points;
- Create a checklist of your expectations
- Talk to a professional
- Determine which investment type is right for you. Do you want to invest in a property (office, apartment, etc.)?
- Familiarize yourself with these keywords.
- TAPU (Title Deed): Tapu is the most important word to learn while buying a property in Turkey. Tapu is the evidence of ownership over your property. So, what does that mean? It means that if you don’t have tapu (title deed), you don’t own the property.
- ISKAN (Habitation Certificate): The local authorities give the Habitation Certificate (Iskan) on the location of the property. If the property is fully completed and ready to move then, you can get the Habitation Certificate (Iskan). What happens if you don’t obtain iskan? You can’t connect the utilities, such as electricity, gas, and water to your property.
- Don’t shy away from asking questions.