WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF TURKISH CITIZENSHIP?
Turkey has had a privileged position in international politics for a long time. The historical background pushed Turkey to keep on and seek to maintain the political situation. Besides, Turkey’s geographical position as a bridge between two continents and the growing influence in many neighboring countries both increased its political weight. This is in addition to being part of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO). With Turkish citizenship, a foreigner can:
- Travel to 72 countries worldwide without a need for a visa, such as Japan, Indonesia, Qatar.
- Travel to about 42 other countries with a permit being issued to the Turkish citizen upon arrival in the destination country, such as Kuwait, Bahrain, and South Africa.
- Apply for a permit to almost seven countries directly via the Internet (Online), such as Australia and Oman.
WHAT ARE THE TYPES OF TURKISH PASSPORT?There are officially four different types of Turkish passports:
- Ordinary (Public) passport is issued to Turkish citizens and foreign investors after they get Turkish citizenship.
- An especial passport issued to the Turkish citizens who occupy specific job positions as retired MPs (Members of parliament) and others.
- A diplomatic passport is given to Turkish officials.
- The service passport is given to all government employees working abroad.
VOTING RIGHTS AS A CITIZENIf Turkish citizenship is obtained, foreign investors would have many privileges and benefits, such as citizenship rights and voting rights. In this way, they can influence the nation’s decision-making and the future of the country where they invest their money. Foreign investors will also no longer suffer from residency procedures and renewal, travel abroad, and other routine problems that can be found in every country when you want to renew your residency. It is also possible for foreign investors to invite relatives, friends residing abroad to stay, work, or study in Turkey.
TURKISH GOVERNMENT FACILITIES FOR FOREIGN INVESTORS WHO SEEK FOR GETTING TURKISH CITIZENSHIPIn 2017, the Turkish government gave foreigners the green light to obtain Turkish citizenship according to a specific investment amount.
- Foreigner investors can obtain Turkish citizenship if they purchase real estate in Turkey. Its value of or exceeds (250,000) USD provided that this real estate cannot be sold within three years after the date of purchase. Moreover, this required amount (value) is 75 % less than needed before (before September 2018), which was 1 million dollars.
- The foreigner can also obtain Turkish citizenship if a half-million-dollar is deposited into a Turkish bank. At the same time, the amount was 3 million dollars before September 2018.
- With a fixed capital value of 500,000 dollars, foreign investors are also entitled to receive Turkish citizenship. The same applies to those whose investments provide work opportunities for at least (50) Turkish citizens.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF OBTAINING TURKISH CITIZENSHIP FOR FOREIGN INVESTORS?
- THE POWER OF THE TURKISH PASSPORT
- TURKEY’S RELATIONSHIP WITH THE EUROPEAN UNION
- THE ECONOMIC IMPORTANCE OF TURKEY
If you are interested in investing in real estate or any questions, you can contact us.
For more articles, click here.